It is a week into 2013. We at Advantage PT are curious how everyone is doing. Remember that getting back into the swing of things following the holiday period can be tough. After being busy with family and all of the food and decreased time for staying in shape, we wanted to offer some pointers to get back into the swing of things.
This is a short list of ways to stay injury free as you return to your workout schedule:
- Pace Yourself – Don’t go too hard too fast
- Lighten Your Load – Take a few workouts to get your strength and stamina back to where it was
- Eat Well – Pay attention to what you are putting in your body. The right foods will help you ease back into the workout routine
- Find a Friend – A friend can help encourage you to stay on track
- Set Goals – Studies show that written goals help you work to achieve them instead of just dropping them
- Track Your Progress – Keep a journal or use a phone app to keep track of your mileage or weights on each exercise
- Do Something You Enjoy – There are a ton of options out there. Find one you like doing!!!